We are pleased to offer FREE Lifeline phones to those who qualify. The funds generated by this endeavor are donated to a formerly homeless single mother.
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT IS NEEDED TO QUALIFY (also, read more information below).
The Lifeline Program has been around since 1985 and began under the Reagan Administration. In the beginning, the Lifeline program provided a discount on home phone service for qualifying low-income consumers to ensure that all Americans have the opportunities and security that phone service brings, including being able to connect to jobs, family and emergency services.
In 2005, Lifeline discounts were made available to qualifying low-income applicants on pre-paid wireless service plans in addition to traditional landline service. The Lifeline Program is part of the Universal Service Fund and is monitored and regulated by the FCC and the Public Utility Commission. Telecommunication providers must contribute based upon end-user revenues and the fee is usually passed on to consumers directly.
The Lifeline program is ONLY available to eligible low-income applicants in every state, territory, commonwealth, and Tribal lands on the Lifeline Program approved states list. Applicants MUST provide proper proof of eligibility in order to be qualified to enroll for the program.
You qualify if you are currently enrolled in:
- Calfresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Stanislaus Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Veterans or Survivors Pension Women
- Infants and Children (WIC)
- Or if your income is 150% or less of Federal Poverty Guidelines ($26,000/yr or less if single – ask about other scenarios)
WEBSITES FOR MORE INFORMATION:
http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline – Federal Communications Commission
http://www.lifelinesupport.org/ls/ – Universal Service Administration Company
Lifeline Applicant Rules and Regulations:
*Lifeline is limited to one service per household and cannot be combined with any other Lifeline offerings. The Lifeline Program now offers several different types of services or discounts. Customers are ONLY allowed ONE service per household.
An economic unit/household is defined as two or more individuals who live together at the same address and contribute income and share expenses of the household. For example: If customer is currently receiving a Lifeline discounted cable bill, then that Lifeline discount WILL BE DISCONNECTED once they been approved for a Lifeline wireless phone. The customer MUST be aware that they will be giving up the other Lifeline Discount!
This is the FIRST question which should be asked of every potential customer:
Do you currently receive a Lifeline benefit?
*Lifeline wireless recipients are able to transfer from their current LifeLine carrier without a fee.
*All applicants MUST be at least 18 years old and MUST be ready to present VALID State or Federal Identification.
Once a customer is enrolled in the Lifeline program they will continue to receive Lifeline monthly benefits under the following circumstances:
- Customers use the talk feature at least once every 30 days. Either make a call or receive a call.
- Customers continue to qualify under one of the acceptable eligibility proofs for the program.
- Customers recertify annually.
Why could an enrollment get rejected by the Lifeline Program?
- Customer personal information is incorrect
- Customer does not qualify under one of the eligible programs
- Customer or another individual already receives a Lifeline credit in the same household
- Copy of proof is not legible
Each qualifying customer will receive a FREE wireless phone OR FREE Sim card. Smartphone Models vary. LifeLine phones/sims will work in any area nationwide that has wireless services.
Lifeline Customers will receive:
- A FREE mobile cell phone (Activated at the moment) OR a FREE sim card
- FREE minutes every month (Plan varies per state)
- FREE test messaging every month (Plan varies per state)
- FREE data every month (Plan varies per state)
*Includes 911 dialing services
These Are the Phone Activation Instructions:
- Finish completing application process
- Do NOT Power on phone before inputting IMEI & Sim card numbers
- Scan or type IMEI & Sim card numbers in appropriate section
- Put phone together and write customer a receipt
- Once activation is successful on the portal then power on phone.
- Make activation call from the new device to complete the activation process (phone may take up to 30 minutes to receive service – but usually does not take that long)
- THE CUSTOMER IS NOT GIVEN THE DEVICE UNTIL THE ACTIVATION CALL IS SUCCESSFUL